Lunch break with colleagues

Plakat-Exilnetz33-DHd-final-MAt 1 p.m. we head for lunch. While enjoying fresh vegetables and refilling our batteries, we finally get some time to chat. Theresia Biehl is reporting about her experiences at the DHd conference in Passau two weeks before. I am pleased to hear that our projects performed well and that the project poster received an award in the poster presentation. Our designer Michael Lambertz did a very good job! She is telling me that at the moment her work for the Epistolary Networks is to create an inventory of letters by authors forced into exile by the Nazi empowerment. At present, she is tagging authors, places and other things so that first networks can be created by the meta data. Since she is using our software FuD she is in permanent contact with our programmer Radoslav Petkov who optimizes the workflow and generates new features. The project will also participate in the event “Science Year 2014 – The Digital Society” which is organized by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. I make a note to myself that I have to discuss with our Academic Director Claudine Moulin what we want to contribute to the event after she returned from Vienna, where she gives a lecture on annotations this evening.