Although there was so much going on during the day, some highlights for me were (in no particular order):
- Keeping track of the UCC #DayofDH Interventions symposium – I started to feel homesick reading all the exciting posts and tweets from my home university where I did my undergrad and MA in Applied Linguistics (all those years ago!).
- Karolina’s photo-filled posts (this is Karolina we are talking about – how could her posts be anything other than photo-filled?)
- Caroline’s bedtime story about the Monuments Men – a must read for any time of the day.
- Shawn’s reply to my post about trying to come up with an idea for a project. It has definitely given me food for thought!
- Frances Mulraney’s bilingual post about her DH day job with Dúchas.ie.
- Seeing that the ‘DH in Ireland’ group remained the most popular on the site all day finishing up with 30 members. (At 23.48 Irish time, ‘DH in the Curriculum’ is a close second with 29 members – not that it’s a competition!)
That’s it for me for #DayofDH 2014.