Digital humanities vs humanities with digital tools

I’m enjoying following various blog posts and tweets about what is considered digital humanities.  My day of DH will not include what is the consensus on a digital humanities project.  I’m not there yet.  I have, however, been using digital tools to help move my current project forward.  In  my classroom I announced today that they’ll be live tweeting our class session later this week and happily introduced some students to Twitter, others to the idea of live tweeting as a professional activity, and discussed the value of having separate personal and professional Twitter accounts.  I also fielded questions about one of their ongoing projects, a TikiToki timeline of the Middle Ages.  Many of the students at the community college at which I teach do not have internet access at home or own laptops.  They rely on public wifi and/or college computer labs.  These steps that seem so small to those scholars mapping historical change with digital tools, creating online exhibits with Omeka, or seriously grooving on text mining, are important first steps on the road to exploring the possibilities of the digital humanities.  So for this afternoon, I’m hoping that Briax Croxall is right and that maybe, after all, blogging is digital humanities and not “just” humanities with digital tools.