A Second Day of DH

I’m an Associate Professor at the University of Saskatchewan, where I research gender and medicine in eighteenth-century France and England. It’s only recently that I’ve started to think of myself as doing digital history. Over the last few years, I’ve been developing an online database of Sir Hans Sloane’s Correspondence Online and am a co-investigator on a crowdsourcing recipes transcription project.

I am also an avid blogger at The Sloane Letters Blog, co-editor of The Recipes Project and contributor to Wonders and Marvels and Notches.

This is my second attempt at the Day of DH. Last year’s experiment was a little shorter than I’d hoped. This Day of DH coincides with my last day of term and I already know that I have teaching and meetings lined up. I’m not actually sure how much DH will end up being squeezed into my day. But on any given day this term, you’re also likely to find me managing research assistants, checking database entries or transcribed pages, blogging, tweeting, researching or writing…