Hello!

Since October 2013, I have been serving as as the Associate Archivist at Davidson College, a small liberal arts school located about 20 miles north of Charlotte, North Carolina.

It’s a newly created position so there’s a bit of flexibility, but my work is sort of a blend between “traditional” archivist duties (see: processing collections, answering reference questions, and outreach) and an outward-facing digital role (see: tons of social media and blogging, partnering with faculty and staff on digital projects, and serving as the archives point person for the college’s new Digital Studies program). For a more in-depth look at what a somewhat typical week looked like for me two months ago, you can read the “A Week in the Life of an Archivist” post that I wrote for Davidson’s Archives & Special Collections blog.

Before joining the staff of Davidson’s E.H. Little Library, I worked as a project producer/ research assistant at the Berkman Center for Internet & Society‘s metaLAB (at) Harvard project, as a research associate at the Massachusetts Historical Society‘s Adams Papers Editorial Project, as the first on-staff archivist and records manager at the Nichols House Museum, and as an intern at many, many places.

I’m interested in digital humanities/ studies in the curriculum, cross-departmental and cross-institutional collaborations, data curation, digital libraries and archives, and the relationship(s) between history, memory, and pop culture. I tweet occasionally (@christianlamb), and blog about things less often (http://caitlinchristianlamb.com/).

Processed with VSCOcam